Singing Ringing Tree, Burnley - 22/09/2015

This morning I decided to stay fairly local and go and visit a sculpture called the Singing Ringing Tree in Burnley. This has been on my to-do list for quite some time so I thought it was time to go and get it done, so I planned to do a 7-mile walk around here. You can find the information on it here: Singing Ringing Tree. The weather was lovely today and it was fairly windy which is ideal for visiting this place.





After stopping here to take some photos and a quick video, I then made my way down towards the A671 where I crossed the road and carried on towards Dyneley Farm. Please click here to see video Singing Ringing Tree



Finding the right path on this walk was quite tricky, as the footpaths weren't that obvious in places. I did find myself going wrong a few times where I needed to backtrack or change the route slightly.

Shortly after the farm, I passed through a tunnel underneath the train line which shortly brought me out on the A646. After crossing here, I followed the River Caldbeck for a short stretch until I reached Towneley Hall and gardens, which apparently is the most popular park in Burnley; it's easy to see why.







This was a gorgeous looking building but unfortunately, I didn't have time to go in and have a look around. It looked even nicer when the sun was shining on it and the gardener had done a great job with the gardens. From here, I walked through the grounds before eventually crossing back under the railway and the A646.


This brought me back out onto moorland and there was only about a mile or so left before finally arriving back at the car at Crown Point.

7 miles and 1200 feet of ascent


No comments:

Post a Comment